- Adobe Acrobat Professional (Version 10 or Higher)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (Version 10 or Higher)
- Adobe Flash Player (Version 10.0 or Higher)
- Apple QuickTime (Version 7 or Higher)
- Microsoft Office Professional (Version 2010 or Higher)
- Norton Antivirus (Version 10.2 or Higher)
- Windows Media Player (Version 12 or Higher)
Minimum Technology Requirements
- PC: As a general guideline, students should not have computer specifications less than Intel® or AMD x86 processor running at 1.3GHz or faster and one of the following Operation Systems:
4 GB of RAM, at least 10GB of available hard-disk space for installation, 1024x576 display and a DVD-ROM drive are also required. Video hardware acceleration is optional.
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 2 and MSXML 6.0 (32-bit Office only)
- Windows Sever 2008 or later 32 or 64-bit OS.
- Mac: As a general guideline, students should not have computer specifications less than an Intel processor, MAC OSX v10.5.8 or later, 1 GB of RAM and a DVD-ROM drive. Students should also have at least 10GB of hard-disk space available for installation and a 1280x800 display.
- 56K or faster Internet connection is required for online courses, however broadband is strongly encouraged.
Web Browser Requirements:
Windows Users: Courses are best viewed using one of the two latest releases of Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome.
Mac Users: Courses are best viewed using one of the two latest releases of Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome.
Software may be purchased through JourneyEd.
Dr. Marta Urdaneta
Dr. Urdaneta holds a Ph.D. in Hospital and Health Administration, an MBA, an MA in Hospital and Health Administration, and a BBA, all from the University of Iowa. She has ten years of administrative experience in healthcare from a wide range of settings which include a nursing home, a family medicine clinic and The Department of Internal Medicine at The University of Iowa.
Before coming to South University in Savannah, Dr. Urdaneta was Program Director for the Health Science program and Program Coordinator for the Health Service Administration program at Keiser University in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. She has published and presented on various healthcare management issues such as physician utilization, cost trends in healthcare and HIV treatment patterns. Most recently, she co-authored a project on Radio Frequency Identification in Long-term Healthcare Facilities, which was presented at the Academy of Business Disciplines 2008 Conference in Ft. Myers, Fla.
Dr. Susan Davis
Dr. Susan E.M. Davis is the Program Chair for the College of Business at South University. Prior to joining the South University faculty in April, 2009, she served on faculties of Bethune Cookman University, Claflin University, Columbia College and the University of South Carolina.
Dr. Davis received a Ph.D. in Organization and Management with specializations in Leadership and Human Resource Management from Capella University, an MBA with a concentration in Finance and Economics from the University of Rochester, and a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Pennsylvania State University.
Dr. Davis is a Sam Walton Fellow for Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE) and has published articles on innovation, leadership and change management from an entrepreneurial perspective. She is primarily interested in transformational leadership and teaches classes in organizational behavior, entrepreneurship, finance and strategic planning. In 1995, she designed the first of three centers focused on entrepreneurship in South Carolina. In addition to her university teaching experience, Dr. Davis has designed and delivered executive development programs for several corporations.
Prior to her career in higher education, Dr. Davis served as a senior financial executive for several Fortune 50 corporations including Whirlpool Corporation, Mellon National Bank and Eastman Kodak.
She is CEO and President of Strategic Business Solutions, a consulting firm established in 1998 that focuses on strategic planning and management of small to medium-sized businesses.