- Adobe Acrobat Professional (Version 10 or Higher)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (Version 10 or Higher)
- Adobe Flash Player (Version 10.0 or Higher)
- Apple QuickTime (Version 7 or Higher)
- Microsoft Office Professional (Version 2010 or Higher)
- Norton Antivirus (Version 10.2 or Higher)
- Windows Media Player (Version 12 or Higher)
Minimum Technology Requirements
- PC: As a general guideline, students should not have computer specifications less than Intel® or AMD x86 processor running at 1.3GHz or faster and one of the following Operation Systems:
4 GB of RAM, at least 10GB of available hard-disk space for installation, 1024x576 display and a DVD-ROM drive are also required. Video hardware acceleration is optional.
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 2 and MSXML 6.0 (32-bit Office only)
- Windows Sever 2008 or later 32 or 64-bit OS.
- Mac: As a general guideline, students should not have computer specifications less than an Intel processor, Mac OS X v. 10.7 or higher, 1 GB of RAM and a DVD-ROM drive. Students should also have at least 10GB of hard-disk space available for installation and a 1280x800 display.
- 56K or faster Internet connection is required for online courses, however broadband is strongly encouraged.
Web Browser Requirements:
Windows Users: The two latest releases of Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome are supported.
Mac Users: The two latest releases of Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome are supported.
Software may be purchased through JourneyEd.
Dr. Susan Davis
Dr. Susan E.M. Davis is the Program Chair for the College of Business at South University. Prior to joining the South University faculty in April, 2009, she served on faculties of Bethune Cookman University, Claflin University, Columbia College and the University of South Carolina.
Dr. Davis received a Ph.D. in Organization and Management with specializations in Leadership and Human Resource Management from Capella University, an MBA with a concentration in Finance and Economics from the University of Rochester, and a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Pennsylvania State University.
Dr. Davis is a Sam Walton Fellow for Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE) and has published articles on innovation, leadership and change management from an entrepreneurial perspective. She is primarily interested in transformational leadership and teaches classes in organizational behavior, entrepreneurship, finance and strategic planning. In 1995, she designed the first of three centers focused on entrepreneurship in South Carolina. In addition to her university teaching experience, Dr. Davis has designed and delivered executive development programs for several corporations.
Prior to her career in higher education, Dr. Davis served as a senior financial executive for several Fortune 50 corporations including Whirlpool Corporation, Mellon National Bank and Eastman Kodak.
She is CEO and President of Strategic Business Solutions, a consulting firm established in 1998 that focuses on strategic planning and management of small to medium-sized businesses.
Dr. Kip Pirkle
Dr. Pirkle earned his Ph.D. in Management from Clemson University and his Accounting and MBA degrees from the University of Georgia. After graduating from the University of Georgia, he worked as a staff accountant for a CPA firm and then purchased his own accounting practice. He has been the managing partner in two real estate partnerships. While at Clemson, he was a consultant with the Small Business Development Center, assisting entrepreneurs with business plans and day-to-day operations. He has done extensive consulting in golf-related businesses, as well as with a number of other entrepreneurial ventures, primarily in strategic planning, financial forecasting, and valuation. His passion for teaching is in strategic management, with a focus on international business. He has conducted business seminars in Eastern Europe and Russia, and has spent significant time studying and visiting Europe, China, and Japan.
Dr. Craig Knight
Dr. Knight received a Ph.D. in Management from the University of Georgia and an MBA and a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Alabama. Prior to his experience in Education, he worked for several years in both for-profit and not-for-profit organizations, obtaining a diverse perspective on the management of organizations.
Dr. Knight has spent the last ten years working in public higher education, holding a variety of positions at the University of Georgia, the University of Alabama in Huntsville, the University of South Florida - Polytechnic, and Georgia Southwestern State University. Dr. Knight is excited about continuing his education by interacting with students through the technology-facilitated media used by South University's online programs, recognizing that even those with terminal degrees are still learners.