- Adobe Acrobat Professional (Version 10 or Higher)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (Version 10 or Higher)
- Adobe Flash Player (Version 10.0 or Higher)
- Apple QuickTime (Version 7 or Higher)
- Microsoft Office Professional (Version 2010 or Higher)
- Norton Antivirus (Version 10.2 or Higher)
- Windows Media Player (Version 12 or Higher)
Minimum Technology Requirements
- PC: As a general guideline, students should not have computer specifications less than Intel® or AMD x86 processor running at 1.3GHz or faster and one of the following Operation Systems:
4 GB of RAM, at least 10GB of available hard-disk space for installation, 1024x576 display and a DVD-ROM drive are also required. Video hardware acceleration is optional.
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 2 and MSXML 6.0 (32-bit Office only)
- Windows Sever 2008 or later 32 or 64-bit OS.
- Mac: Dual Boot Only. As a general guideline, students should not have computer specifications less than an Intel processor, Mac OS X v. 10.7 or higher, 1 GB of RAM and a DVD-ROM drive. Students should also have at least 10GB of hard-disk space available for installation and a 1280x800 display. Dual Boot Requirements: Boot camp required. Windows OS: Windows XP with SP 3 (32-bit; only possible with OS X 10.6.x and OS X 10.5.x), Windows 7 (64-bit required for Mac OS X 10.7 or higher), Windows Vista with SP 1 (only possible with OS X 10.6.x and OS X 10.5.x)Additional 20 GB HD Space required for Windows Partition.
Windows Users: The two latest releases of Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome are supported.
Mac Users: The two latest releases of Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome are supported.
Software may be purchased through JourneyEd.
Ms. Carmen Carpenter
Ms. Carpenter's academic preparation includes a Master of Science in Biology and Physiology, and a Bachelor of Science in Nursing, with licensure in the State of Florida as a Registered Nurse. Prior to her position with South University, Carmen practiced as a critical care nurse and later as a sales representative for a pacemaker firm, developing expertise in the clinical and business arenas of healthcare.
As an educator, she has worked over twenty years with a variety of students at different levels in the sciences and healthcare professions. At South University, she developed curricula for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program, the Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management program and the associate degrees in Physical Therapy Assisting, Allied Health Sciences and Medical Assisting. Currently, she is involved in online curriculum development for the Bachelor of Science in Health Science program and served as the subject matter expert for the development of the anatomy & physiology lecture and laboratory courses online.
Throughout Carmen's teaching career she has been excited to be in the classroom, both on ground and online, and feels fortunate to have the opportunity to exchange knowledge with an ever-changing group of students. She believes that online education is the new frontier of learning and is thrilled to be working with South University Online.
Dr. Robert J. Frye
Dr. Robert J. Frye earned his Ph.D. in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology from the University of Arizona. He has worked as a private consultant in statistics and ecology; a statistician for the University of California, San Diego; and Senior Research Scientist and Associate Professor at the University of Arizona. His teaching experience includes biology, ecology, environmental science, field methods and statistics.
Dr. Frye's research experience covers most areas of ecology and biology. He worked on the Biosphere II project for six years. This work involved development of biogeochemical models, population models and research related to various 'Green' technologies. His current research focuses on the population dynamics of rare species.
Ms. Kristin Dodge Narjes
Ms. Dodge Narjes earned a Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing and a Bachelor of Science in Mass Communications, both from the University of Minnesota, Mankato. She has been teaching through online or distance formats for nearly ten years. As a result, she has presented her experiences at several conferences, from "Your Mom is on Facebook" to "Sweet Talking and Tap Dancing: Engaging Distance Learners." Ms. Dodge Narjes' career in public relations continues to help her when teaching argumentative and persuasive writing techniques, as well as when promoting her creative writing work. The author of Power Plays, she most recently contributed to the film, The Warrior Queen, with Mel Gibson's Icon Productions.
Prior to coming to South University, Ms. Dodge Narjes taught at numerous Minnesota colleges and universities. She hopes to bring her expertise in distance learning to the English department and continue the commitment to excellence that South University exemplifies.